Are you out there wondering about choosing appropriate wedding chair rentals? You might think that this is a minor detail and that your wedding will be a success regardless of what furniture you have for your guests to sit on.
We all know parties are important. Every little detail must be taken care of. After all who would want uncle Bob sitting next to his ex-wife? That would ruin the party for Bob, for his ex, and quite possible for the whole lot of the other people invited to the party. Harrowing. But the most important party of all, naturally, is your wedding. It quite possibly may turn out to be the gathering that has the most impact on your life afterwards.
So: you must make sure that everything is absolutely top-notch. Even the wedding chairs. So how can you do that? Well, with careful timing and planning, friends. And the very first decision that you need to make regarding wedding chairs is this one:
To rent or to buy? That’s as clear as daylight. But how to decide which one? Well, it all depends. It depends on whether or not you’re a restaurant owner. In which case you would probably have what to do with all those chairs after the party is over. I’m clearly joking here, but in all seriousness, let’s see exactly what the pros and cons of renting wedding chairs are:
PROs & CONs of Wedding Chair Rentals
Although there are countless more pros to chair rentals for weddings than there are cons, we want to present a more balanced view of the situation. But we may or may not be a bit biased towards rental chairs for weddings, after all. Here is the list of arguments we’ve managed to come up with:
- PRO: you won’t have to settle for shabby chairs just because they’re cheaper. Let yourself go! Rent those chiavaris – hundreds of them. It’s your wedding, after all, you deserve it. Just make sure that you complete this guide before you decide.
- CON: you can’t go wild. I don’t know how many parties you’ve been to, but some of the ones I went to ended with at least a few broken wine glasses and chairs. It’s just the way things are. If you choose wedding chair rental, you will have to pay for every broken chair.
- PRO: your wedding will have a consistent look. The chairs you rent will likely be from a single set, and they can be professionally arranged along with all the other items that you will have at your wedding party.
- CON: there’s little room for variation. Once you choose a single set of chairs, you will likely be stuck with that set. Most companies that offer rental services for weddings will not accept late changes on their orders, as they have to satisfy a great demand.
- PRO: most wedding rental companies also offer chair covers that come with their chair rentals. That’s because they want everything to look as if it were the biggest wedding in history. The chair covers and the table linens must have matching models.
- CON: you may love the chairs so much that you want to keep them. Sadly, the chairs are highly overpriced if you decide on buying them. The only affordable option is to rent them – the companies specifically made this so. However, if you’re lucky, you might find some that aren’t that expensive.
Best Wedding Chair Rentals Companies #1
Name: Platinum Event Rentals
Wedding Chair Rentals Prices: $0.50 – $22.00
Area served: California (San Diego)
Platinum Events phone number:
Name: Tiffany Party Rentals
Wedding Chair Rentals Prices: $1.70 – $9.00
Area Served: Canada (Ontario, Barrie)
Tiffany Party Rentals phone number:
Things Consider before Making Wedding Chair Rentals
We’ve seen a couple of examples of wedding chair rentals. But before you go on to these companies and rent your chairs for your wedding, there may be a few things that you’ll want to consider first. We’ve made another small list:
- Your budget: as with all other things that you’re going to need for your wedding, for this one you still have to consider your budget. I know “it’s just chairs” but consider the number of guests that will have to sit down!
- Chair covers: consider whether you will also want chair covers or not. If you choose to rent more things from the company, chair covers may be included in the final price. Make sure that your sheets are all matching colors.
- How much sitting-down will there be: I know this is a weird question, but if you’re planning on throwing a dance party, too many chairs may get in the way. And that’s a sure way to know that you’re going to pay extra for those broken chairs.
- How many: you’ll want chairs for everyone, but at the same time some people prefer having a few chairs bought so that they can keep the small pieces of furniture even after the wedding is over and the guests are gone.
- What types: most of the weddings out there use plain Chiavari chairs. However, there are many others that you can choose from: why not spice it up a bit and mix the colors or the models – be creative.
Best Wedding Chair Rentals Companies #2
Name: Allure Party Rentals
Wedding Chair Rentals Prices: unspecified
Area Served: South Florida
(Broward, Miami, Palm Beach)
Allure Rentals phone number:
Name: Premiere Events
Wedding Chair Rentals Prices: $2.95 – $25.00
Area Served: Texas (Austin)
Premiere Events phone number:
Do you need a chair to sit down after this awesome article? Rent one!
We do hope that our comprehensive review has put you on the right track. Hasn’t it? The only thing you need to do now is decide on a budget, estimate the prices in your area, and then go for it! Don’t forget to check out our other wedding rentals reviews – because, of course, chairs are far from the only things that you will be needing at your wedding.
Rachel Lannister says
I loved what you said about how when you use a party chair rental, you will have chairs from a single set and everything will look consistent. My sister is getting married and the wedding is being held outdoor, so we’ll need some chairs. If they were all exactly the same, it would make decorating a whole lot easier for her. Thank you for the read.