Did you decide on wedding rentals for your own ceremony? The day you walk to the altar will probably remain in your memory as the happiest day in your life. No matter how you choose to organize it, one thing’s for certain: it will be a happy time. The sun will appear as though it were smiling for you and you only. The sky will be that shade of blue that only poets and painters dream about. And most importantly: you will be taking center stage.
For this occasion, your dress must be in perfect shape. It’s your moment to shine. Make the best of it! That’s why we solemnly recommend that with your wedding rentals you also get a wedding dress for rent. By doing so, you can make sure that you look stunning in all of the pictures. And in all of the videos. No matter how much you pay a professional to film your event, videos will always show up from the odd relative with his odd angles and a low-resolution. If you rent your wedding dress you can make sure that even those videos will capture the very best of you.
How many times have you thought about your wedding? How many plans have you fantasized about in our head? How many times have you actually imagined walking down the aisle? Your beloved friends and family sit on both sides of the chapel, with big smiles on their faces – feeling happy for you, each in his own way. Or wait!
Maybe you don’t intend to have your wedding ceremony inside a chapel! A lot of couples nowadays choose what has come to be known as a destination wedding. What is a destination wedding? Well, to put it plainly, it’s when a soon-to-be-married couple opt to have their wedding in an exotic place such as Hawaii or the Caribbean. Naturally – when you go there, you will have everything arranged from top to bottom by the organizers.
However, in these cases, you can still use some wedding rentals: most wedding dress rental companies, for instance, offer their pieces of festive clothing for up to 5 days or more. Regardless of this, we’ve made this guide to help you choose what you think is best for you. For this purpose, we’re going to look at all the different aspects of renting stuff for your wedding. Be it a dress you want to rent, decorations, tables, chairs, tents, archways, or maybe silverware, flatware, kitchen equipment – you name it – we’ll show you everything there is to know.
Starting with a small introduction as to the reasons why you would possibly want to make use of wedding rentals, we will then go into a very thoroughly research list of the PROs and CONs of wedding rentals. After this is done, we will also look at all the types of wedding rentals that you can choose, with specific links towards our smaller articles where we discuss these more in detail and with examples of companies.
Then next part of the article will make an account of all the things one can possibly need to consider before actually scheduling a wedding rental. Last but not least, we shall be giving detailed maps we’ve generated using our good friend Google. These maps will show you exactly where you need to look for your own wedding, no matter where you live – even if you choose to have your wedding in Hawaii, there are still a lot of options that you can choose from.
So, without further ado, let’s get to it:
How & Why to Do Wedding Rentals
There are numerous reasons as to why you would prefer to rent the equipment, decoration, or other stuff you need for your wedding. These range from the simple fact that prices tend to be smaller, to more complicated issues such as the convenience of wedding rentals, the commodity of not having to pick up, install and then uninstall everything. But let’s not spoil all the fun, here’s a convenient bulleted list of all of these:
- The prices. Let’s face it: it’s the first thing that comes to the mind of anyone before choosing between renting and buying – no matter what type of equipment is involved. While generally, wedding rentals are usually at half-price or less compared to buying, there may be cases where it’s a whole different stories. Usually, prices also vary depending on the region from which you are renting as well as on the number of party rental services that exist in the area.
- The delivery. Did you know this? If you’re willing to pay a small fee, you may even get a delivery from the company that gives you the rental materials. All the more convenient for you. And in most cases, the fee that the rental company applies for this is minimal – you won’t have to give too much out of your savings account – we guarantee it.
- The installing. You don’t even have to lift a finger if you don’t want to. Now that’s how American customer service should be like. All you can get, for a convenient price, delivered to your door, installed – what more do you need? What I would recommend, however, is unfolding your own chairs – it’s cheaper. Some renting companies charge fees of $0.50 per unfolded foldable chair. A rip-off? More like a strange way of doing business.
- The pick-up. You wedding rentals can immediately cease to be your problem after the party’s over and everyone has gone home. The only thing that you may want to be careful is that you don’t schedule a pick-up while everyone is still partying like there’s no tomorrow. And also, you may want to throw away all of the food remains before you give back the plates and table cloths – you will be charged extra if they have to do that for you.
We’ve now seen the exact reasons for which people choose wedding rentals. Now it’s time to see how one can actually go about renting stuff for a wedding. We’re talking here about the exact steps involved from the moment you decide you want a wedding, to the moment the wedding is done.
- Find wedding rentals in your area. If you are fortunate enough that we already covered wedding rentals companies in your area, then go ahead and click on those links. If not, then you should simply type “wedding rental’ in the Google search, followed by the state you live in or you intend to have your wedding in. Keep in mind that some companies offer coverage for the whole state, no matter where they have their headquarters.
- Find the rental products. Use their interactive online pages to decide upon the exact things that you want to rent. Then, depending on the company, you will either have to request a quote via their website, or call their customer service to see what kind of an offer they can make you. Alternatively, do not dismiss the companies whose websites look unprofessional – they may surprise you in the next step.
- Visit the company at their headquarters. Most of these companies have a rental representative. This person is in charge of talking with the customers to ensure complete satisfaction. Talk to this person. Make sure your every need and every whim is taken care of. Some price are negotiable – make sure you do that as well.
- See the actual things that you want to rent. Obviously, if you want to rent a dress, you’re going to try it on. But if you want to rent other stuff – such as tables and chairs – make sure you test those out as well. And see the linens – they may look cool online, but many of these photos have probably been subject to Photoshop lighting effects.
- Talk with the representative about delivery, installment, and pick-up. Make sure that the person understands exactly which of these services you do want, and that he or she clearly writes down all the fees and extra costs involved. Very important – this should be established before you actually agree to a deal.
- Ask the person if they accept wedding insurance in the case of irreparable damage. Some of you may have wedding insurance. That means a safely deposited sum of money that will act as a safeguard to your wedding being a success. You can use the insurance to cover any damages to property.
- Secure the deal. The last step in applying for wedding rentals is to secure the deal. Remember though, that many companies need you to sign the equipment rental agreement as much as two weeks before the actual event, and also will require a percentage of the money in advance. This usually is a precaution so that they can make sure everything that you have rented will be available at the time of the actual event.
Are you getting at all excited about making your wedding rentals? I know I’m starting to be and my wedding was years ago. Back then, the wedding rental business had already crashed. However, thanks to the internet, many of the companies that went into bankruptcy back then, are now suddenly coming back up. And as far as I can tell, their services are way better than before.
If you’re feeling the hype as I am, then I will assume that it’s already time to go to the next section of our complete guide to wedding rentals. Here we will talk about the advantages and disadvantages that renting your wedding products presents. Basically, it’s the PROs and CONs:
PROs & CONs of Wedding Rentals
No matter how convenient we’ve made wedding rentals seem with this article up to now, there are also some minor disadvantages that you may be presented with if you choose to rent. But so as to not make this section to pessimistic, we’ve also tried to include the good parts of wedding rentals. Here goes:
- PRO: You’ll end up spending far less money than you would if you decided to buy the stuff that you are now renting. It’s a simple fact and one that we have, of course, already mentioned once more here. However, we felt the need to say it once again.
- CON: Not everything that you rent is cheap. If you want chocolate fountains for your wedding, impressive arches and fancy table cloths – it will cost you. Remember that you can rent far cheaper than you would buy, but you may also rent things more expensive – and the price will skyrocket.
- PRO: You’ll be able to get sophisticated stuff, fancy-pants! Sophisticated chairs (chiavaris), intricate table linens, embroiled chair covers, silverware that’s actually made of silver or maybe you could even afford gold. Don’t settle for buying poor quality stuff, rent good quality stuff instead.
- CON: Paranoia and fear. This just has to be out there. If you consider renting absolutely everything for your wedding, you may end up being paranoid and fearful about anything breaking, or tearing, or getting irreparably stained, or whatever other kind of disaster can happen to the things that you decide to rent. However, this can be handled with one easy step (see the bonus tip below)
- PRO: You won’t have to worry about table linens and chair covers not matching. The companies that organize weddings and give out wedding rentals all have consistency on their minds. They want your wedding to look good just as much as you do – so why not let them do whatever they know best?
- CON: Although you are allowed to choose whatever you like – you can often disagree with the wedding planner, leaving no room at all for diversity in your décor. This is especially true if you choose to make your wedding rentals from a company with a very limited catalogue of products. Make sure that they’re at least good quality.
- PRO: You can get the wedding arches of your dreams. No matter how your artistic and engineering skills rank, you just can’t beat an actual arch that you buy. And if you prefer to only get the frame and decorate it yourself – you can also do that. Or let your friends do it for you – after all, it’s your wedding, you don’t have to do everything!
- CON: Some wedding rentals companies don’t have any arches for rent. Some wedding rentals companies only have a limited collection of arches. It’s either you search more thoroughly for a company that has a wide array, or stick with what you can get from the local ones or the cheaper ones.
- PRO: If you rent your wedding dress, you can even keep it quite some time. Most companies that offer wedding dress rental can offer it to you for either 5 or 7 days. On top of that – now you can afford to look like in the wedding of your dreams.
- CON: late returns, especially on dresses, can destroy your budget. You can either make sure that you rent everything for the appropriate amount of time, or that you actually return this items while it’s still time. Wedding dresses, for instance, have a daily fee of 110% – in most cases. And if the dress wasn’t at all cheap – that may mean $1,000 or more.
- PRO: companies also install your products. I know I’ve already said this – but this is an adequate place to mention it again. They will put absolutely everything in place and leave you with close to nothing to do. And a setting for a fairytale wedding. All you need now is a Prince Charming to steal you away on a horse.
- CON: again, the installing leaves little room if you want to change anything. While most employees that install tables, chairs, tents, and chocolate fountain will either have good taste or ask you precisely what you want to do, some won’t be as courteous. It’s best to determine for yourself which is the case and not leave it to fate.
Is that all? No, of course that’s not all. There could be far more advantages and disadvantages to wedding rentals. But here we’ve decided to end our list as we’ve already mentioned the most pertinent of arguments for and against wedding rentals. Now that this part is over, it’s time to see what specific types of wedding rentals you may get:
Types of Wedding Rentals
If you were thinking that you could also rent a groom or a bride from the companies that offer wedding rentals – you were, sadly, mistaken. All jokes aside, however, these companies do have extensive selections of items for weddings and parties that can have you looking through their websites/aisles for hours and hours on end. And then there are the companies that offer brides their dresses for rents. Let’s start with those:
- Wedding Dress Rentals: dresses, dresses, dresses. The wedding gown is a longstanding tradition in the world – and you’ll quite possibly want to rent this piece of tradition. Why? Because – as you may well have learned after searching the web for hours, wedding dresses are really expensive to buy. So renting one is actually a viable option. If you decide on this, then you can check out our more detailed guide over here.
- Wedding Arch Rentals: you know you want an arch for your wedding. Who doesn’t want an arch for their wedding? I do, and I’m already married! Arches come in different shapes and sizes – but all of them fit you and your future bride/groom. After all – you can’t have a wedding without a picture of the two newlyweds sitting under an arch. Check out our guide to wedding arch rentals over here.
- Wedding Tent Rentals: if your celebration will be happening in the great outdoors, then you will want to rent a tent. Two tents. Three tents. No matter how many you want, tents can be rented from wedding rentals companies. And what’s more they also offer to come and install these tents so you don’t have to!
- Wedding Chair Rentals: I know chairs may not be the first thing that comes to your mind when you thing about a wedding, but you must not think like that. Instead thing of what would a wedding be without the chairs – then you will understand their true importance. And, also, the chiavari chairs have become a trademark of weddings – rent some if you don’t want your guests to feel like they’re at a cocktail party. Here’s our small guide to this as well.
- Wedding Décor Rentals: the décor is, arguably, the most important part of a wedding. After all – it makes all the atmosphere come to life. Companies that offer wedding décor rentals also usually take care of arranging this décor so that everyone that will come to your wedding will love it.
No matter what kinds of wedding rentals you choose, you can always check out our article here about party rentals in general. Remember that weddings are, after all, just upgraded parties, so it’s probably worth it to check out more general companies dealing with party rentals, party arrangement, and party decors.
Best Wedding Rentals Services Ordered by Area
To help you select your wedding rental companies, we’ve searched on Google where these companies can be found. We’ve decided to order these companies according to their geographical location, from west to east, north to south. Unfortunately we only had the space to include those companies in the largest towns.
West Wedding Rentals
- Wedding Rentals Los Angeles: here
- Wedding Rentals San Francisco: here
- Wedding Rentals Las Vegas: here
- Wedding Rentals Hawaii: here
Midwest Wedding Rentals
South Wedding Rentals
Northeast Wedding Rentals
Well – that was a long guide to wedding rentals. But it had to be so – after all, your wedding may well be the single most important defining moment of your life. That’s because a wedding not only decides your future for the two or three decades – it also decides the future of your kids, of your family. Just think of all that responsibility that comes down to a single, magical night. And by making wedding rentals, you’re sure to have your wedding be as magical as you’d hoped.
As a parting note, we leave you with another small tip: if you can afford it, go make a wedding insurance. I know it’s not something most couples do, but it’s a really good thing that can eliminate all of the pressure that wedding rentals usually give you. An extra sum of money safely deposited in the bank is always a good thing to have in case disaster strikes.