Construction equipment rental in Missouri can be a quick and easy process when you plan ahead. What may appear like a deal at first glance may be covered in hidden fees. Before finalizing the paperwork for your rental, read the fine print and inspect the equipment. Get input from your team on the equipment needed and how long the project should take. With this information, call several rental companies to find out their requirements for renting equipment. Narrow your choices to three rental stores and list the pros and cons of each. Use this list of construction equipment rental Missouri companies to get started.
1. Superior Rents
Locally owned and operated, Superior Rents offers well-maintained equipment for construction and industrial applications. It serves the southwest Missouri area from its locations in Springfield and Joplin. The dealer has a broad inventory of machinery from brand name manufacturers such as Genie, Ditch Witch, Bomag, John Deere, and Kubota.
Website: Superior Rents
Areas Served: Bolivar, Buffalo, Carthage, Joplin, Republic, Marshfield, Monett, Mt. Vernon, Nixa, Ozark Springfield, Stockton, Webb, and Southwest Missouri.
Rentable Equipment: Boom lifts, compact loaders and attachments, compaction equipment, compressors, earthmoving equipment, forklifts, scissor lifts, trailers, concrete tools, and other equipment rentals.
Renting Conditions: Customers must present a valid driver’s license, a major credit card, and proof of insurance. A credit application is available online.
Pricing & Additional Terms: Rates are calculated on 8 hour per day on metered items. Delivery and pick-up are available for an additional fee. Add desired rental equipment to cart to submit a request for a quote.
Working Hours: Monday – Friday, from 7:30 am to 5:00 pm; Saturday, from 8:00 am to 1:00 pm.
- Phone: MAIN (866) 578-4289 SPRINGFIELD (417) 865-8665 and (417) 882-8665 JOPLIN (417) 624-8665.
- E-mail: email@example.com.
- Physical Address: SPRINGFIELD 3500 E. Kearney Avenue, Springfield, MO 65803 and 5617 S. Campbell Avenue, Springfield, MO 65810 JOPLIN 3502 E. 7th Street, Joplin, MO 64801.
- Social Media: Facebook, Twitter, Google+, Youtube, Instagram, and LinkedIn.
2. Bobcat of St. Louis
In 1990, Bobcat of St. Louis opened its doors in Overland, MO with 11 employees. Today, it has over 150 employees serving customers in nine locations in the Midwest. The company mainly rents Bobcat and Doosan brands at its construction equipment rental Missouri locations.
Website: Bobcat of St. Louis
Areas Served: Valley Park, Columbia, and O’Fallon.
Rentable Equipment: Their inventory includes skid steer loaders, loader attachments, compact track loaders, excavators, crawlers, wheel loaders vibratory rollers, attachments and others.
Renting Conditions: Renters are required to provide liability insurance with a minimum of $1,000,000 as well as physical damage insurance. New customers must pay the total amount of the rental in advance, plus place a deposit.
Pricing & Additional Terms: A new Bobcat T450 compact track loader rents for $250 per day, $840 per week and $2,160 per month. See list of equipment and prices online.
Working Hours: Monday – Friday, from 7:00 am – 5:00 pm; Saturday, from 8:00 am to 12:00 pm.
- Phone: CORPORATE/VALLEY PARK (800) 782-0854 or (636) 225-2900 COLUMBIA (866) 607-9435 or (573) 866-9435 O’FALLON (877) 240-9020 OR (636) 240-9020.
- E-mail: CORPORATE/VALLEY PARK Rental Manager, Lloyd Ford firstname.lastname@example.org COLUMBIA Rental Manager, Chris Keys email@example.com O’FALLON Rental Manager, Tom Noltkamper firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Physical Address: CORPORATE/VALLEY PARK 401 West Outer Road, Valley Park, MO 63088 COLUMBIA 1101 N. Lenway Drive • Columbia, MO 65202 O’FALLON 1885 West Terra Lane • O’Fallon, MO 63366.
- Social Media: Facebook, Twitter, Youtube, and LinkedIn.
3. Fabick CAT
Fabick Cat operates 37 locations throughout Missouri, Illinois, Wisconsin, and Michigan. The company offers the latest CAT machinery equipped with cutting-edge technology. Factory-trained technicians inspect all equipment and a 24-hour emergency crew stands ready to assist customers with repairs.
Website: Fabick CAT
Areas Served: Fenton, Foristell, Jefferson City, Columbia, Cape Girardeau, and Joplin.
Rentable Equipment: In their rental fleet, you will find asphalt compactors, backhoe loaders, boom lifts, compact track loaders, compact utility equipment, scissor lifts, hydraulic excavator, crane trucks, and more.
Renting Conditions: Customers must prove credit worthiness and complete a credit application. Additionally, renters must provide general liability insurance naming Fabick Cat as the loss payee or purchase rental protection through the company.
Pricing & Additional Terms: Place desired equipment in cart and request a quote.
Working Hours: Hours vary per location. View hours of operation.
- Phone: HEADQUARTERS/FENTON (636) 343-5900 FORISTELL (800) 539-9217 JEFFERSON CITY, (800) 845-9177 or (573) 636-3184 COLUMBIA (800) 791-5401 or (573)-442-6880 CAPE GIRARDEAU (800)845-9175 or (573) 332-1122 JOPLIN (888) 871-6576 or (417) 624-3010.
- E-mail: Use contact form on website.
- Physical Address: HEADQUARTERS/FENTON One Fabick Drive, Fenton, MO 63026 FORISTELL 1043 N. Service Rd, Foristell, MO JEFFERSON CITY 7050 Partnership, Parkway, Jefferson City, MO 65101 COLUMBIA 7841 East ABC Lane, Columbia, MO CAPE GIRARDEAU 3033 Nash Road, Cape Girardeau, MO 63780 JOPLIN 5095 East 32 Street, Joplin, MO 64804.
- Social Media: Facebook, Twitter, Google+, Youtube, and Instagram.
4. United Rentals
With over 900 locations in the U.S and Canada, United Rentals is the largest construction equipment company in the world. As a customer-driven company, United Rentals takes steps to ensure that customers get the best equipment to complete their projects. Furthermore, the company encourages its employees to find innovative ways to improve quality and efficiency.
Website: United Rentals
Areas Served: Belton, Cape Girardeau, Columbia, Earth City, Joplin, Kansas City, Kirksville, Rolla, Saint Joseph, Saint Louis, Springfield, and Warrensburg.
Rentable Equipment: Earthmoving equipment rentals, aerial platforms, air compressors, compaction equipment rentals, concrete and masonry equipment rentals, forklifts and material handling, light towers and generations, and other equipment.
Renting Conditions: A valid ID, proof of insurance and a completed credit application are required to rent equipment.
Price & Additional Terms: Customers can rent a 61-70” vibratory roller with a smooth single drum for $479 a day, $1,484 a month, and $3,737 a month. View the list of other equipment on the company’s website. For details, see FAQs.
Working Hours: Monday – Friday, from 7:00 am to 5:00 pm.
- Phone: 844-873-4948.
- E-mail: Contact through the company’s website.
- Physical Address: Choose from list of locations.
- Social Media: Facebook, Twitter, Google+, and Youtube.
5. Rex Spencer Equipment Company
The Rex Spencer Equipment Company was established in 1970 in Peculiar, Missouri. James W. Foreman acquired the business in 1983 and expanded its offerings. The company rents Case, JLG, Takeuchi, and other construction equipment to contractors in the Belton area.
Website: Rex Spencer
Areas Served: Belton and nearby areas.
Rentable Equipment: Their rental inventory includes backhoe loaders, wheel loaders, compact track loaders, compact excavators, compact rollers, track excavators, skid steers, dozers, forklifts, plate compactors, and hydraulic breakers.
Renting Conditions: Renters must provide a valid driver’s license and pay the full rental amount each month they have the equipment in their possession.
Pricing & Additional Terms: Call (800) 878-6078 to request a quote.
- Phone: (816) 331-6078.
- E-mail: Rental Manager, Jeff Prickett email@example.com.
- Physical Address: 323 N. Mullen Road, Belton, MO 64012.
- Social Media: Facebook and LinkedIn.
6. K.C. Bobcat
Family owned, K.C. Bobcat is a full-service equipment dealer, offering compact construction machinery. Since the company opened in 1974, it has worked to become the “contractor’s choice” in Kansas and Missouri. As a result, the dealership establishes partnerships with its customers and provides quality equipment to ensure a long-term relationship.
Website: K.C. Bobcat
Areas Served: Blue Springs, Tracy, Kansas City and surrounding areas.
Rentable Equipment: Skid steer loaders, track loaders, excavators, telehandlers, utility vehicles and attachments and other construction items.
Renting Conditions: Proof of insurance is required or customer may purchase a physical damage waiver, which is 15% of the equipment rental.
Pricing & Additional Terms: A 25 horsepower, compact track loader rents for $200 per day, $600 per week, and $1,800 for four weeks. Rental rates are calculated on 8 hours of operation per day. Customers renting for four weeks get the fourth week free.
Working Hours: Monday – Friday, from 7:00 am to 5:00 pm.
- Phone: BLUE SPRINGS (816) 229-4006 TRACY (816) 431-3001.
- E-mail: via website.
- Physical Address: BLUE SPRINGS 2209 US-40, Blue Springs, MO 64015 TRACY 100 Tracy Drive, Platte City, MO 64079.
- Social Media: Facebook, Twitter, Youtube, LinkedIn.
7. Herc Rentals
Herc Rentals has been in operations for over 50 years. Previously doing business under the name Hertz, it has 280 locations scattered throughout North America. The company continuously adds to offerings and services to help costumers solve their project needs. Herc Rentals has 4 construction equipment rental Missouri dealerships.
Website: Herc Rentals
Areas Served: Joplin, Kansas City, Springfield, and St. Louis.
Rentable Equipment: Aerial, air compressors, compaction and paving, concrete and masonry and earthmoving. A full list of equipment is available on the website.
Renting Conditions: Renters must sign a rental agreement in addition to providing a valid ID and proof of insurance.
Prices & Additional Terms: For a daily rate of $579, customers can rent a ¾ yd, diesel articulating wheel loader. The weekly rate is $1,370 and the monthly rate is $3,690. To see the prices of other equipment, check it in the inventory.
Working Hours: Monday – Friday, from 7:00 am to 5:00 pm.
- Phone: MAIN (800) 654-6659 JOPLIN (417) 659-8763 KANSAS CITY (816) 221-7788 SPRINGFIELD (417) 865-5561 ST. LOUIS (314) 534-8300.
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org or via website. Representatives are also available via live chat.
- Physical Address: JOPLIN 2315 E 7TH St, Joplin, MO KANSAS CITY 707 E 16th St,Kansas City, MO 64108 SPRINGFIELD 1907 E Bergman St, Springfield, MO 65802 ST. LOUIS 3030 Market St, St Louis, MO 63103.
- Social Media: LinkedIn, Twitter, and Facebook.
It is important to inspect the equipment before signing an agreement for a construction equipment rental in Missouri. If possible, have a second set of eyes with you to make sure you don’t miss anything. Overlooking one small detail could cost you and your company excessive fees. Also, ask to see inspection and maintenance records for the equipment. Dealers should inspect the equipment before and after a rental. Therefore, the documents should show recent inspections. Just remember, the cheapest deal may not be the most cost-efficient option. Above all else, you want equipment that is safe and reliable.
Do you have tips on how to get through the rental process? What was your experience with any of these construction equipment rental Missouri companies? Please share.