No matter how much we try to keep our bodies, minds and souls happy and healthy, sometimes there are certain conditions that are not under your control. Whether you suffer from a chronic disease, start feeling the side effects of growing age or come across a serious temporary illness, there are cases in which a quick cure is not available and you have to make the most of the situation by treating it properly. If your condition requires professional medical equipment, then home rentals might be exactly what you need.
Advantages of Medical Equipment Rental
Before we get into all the details with everything you need to know about medical equipment rental, here are a few reasons why you should consider renting medical equipment in the first place:
- Save Money – We all know that hospital equipment can cost a small fortune, no matter how wealthy the individual who requires it is. By using medical equipment rental services, you can save up on money for health problems (that are already costly enough for anybody). Instead of buying equipment from Walgreens, take a look at companies who rent the pieces you need (we have prepared a list by major locations below).
- Short Term Services – If you are in a sticky situation with your health that won’t require long term care, medical equipment rental is the solution for you. For short term problems that you need to take care of, you can rely on companies in this industry to provide you with professional machinery and accessories to overcome your troubles safely, in a short period of time.
- Travel at Your Leisure – The elderly deserve making the most of their free time just as much as the young. Even if you have reached a respectable age, that does not mean that you cannot travel at your leisure. Thanks to medical equipment rental, you can benefit from the accessories you need on the go and visit the world.
- From Hospital to Home – Like we mentioned previously, nobody wants to spend their days in a hospital. For people who want to get better in the comfort of their own home, they can rent medical equipment and enjoy the company of their family and friends at all time until full recovery.
- Post-Surgery Recovery – At one point or another in our lives we might have to undergo surgery for our health problem to be fixed. The recovery process after surgery various, depending on the type of operation you have to go through. Nevertheless, almost all the time you need a wheel chair or other types of equipment to get around until you get better.
- Move Around & Increase Mobility – No matter if you are in the post-surgery recovery process that we described above or you need help moving around for a certain period of time, you can count on medical equipment rental services to improve your situation. Instead of spending all your time in bed, accelerate your recovery by getting a bit of fresh air whenever you can, with the help of professional medical equipment.
Things to Consider Before Renting Medical Equipment
We all know how disheartening it can be to spend long periods of time in a hospital, so various companies have decided to offer medical equipment rental services for individuals who do not want to spend their difficult days away from home. In addition to this, these companies also offer medical equipment rental services for patients who not only want to stay away from hospital beds, but also from being bedridden at all. This means that they want to spend their time traveling and living their life to the fullest, especially when they reach an older age. You do not need to worry, rental companies have you covered for this aspect as well.
A particular aspect which you should pay attention to before signing off on anything is insurance, though. A good medical equipment rental service will also offer you options of covering the items you rent by insurance, so that in case of any damage or malfunction, you don’t end up owing them a small fortune. Also, keep in mind that should you ever wish to make the rental permanent (aka to buy the equipment you’ve been renting for a while), this is also an option which should be on the table with most such companies.
Best Medical Equipment Rental Companies
While there are countless medical equipment rental companies all across the United States, individuals who want to benefit from these services are interested in the one closest to them. Below you can see a list of major United States cities and a few medical equipment rental companies that you can rely on to get back to good health.
Dallas residents benefit from quite a few medical equipment rental companies in their area, all with professional services and affordable rates. The most well-known and appreciated company for this area is Able Durable Medical Equipment, which can be found at 3562 Forest Lane in Dallas. With Able Medical, you can rent hospital beds and accessories, stairway lifts, lift chairs, power chairs, walking aids, wheelchairs and aluminum ramps, for reportedly advantageous prices. We can’t offer you an official list of rates which can be charged for these services, since this can change depending on your location, so you would need to contact the company yourself for details. A few other options are CVI Medical, A to Z Wheelchairs, Aids for Recovery or SpinRun.
The Windy City is no less abundant when it comes to medical equipment rental services. Those who reside in Chicago can rent equipment from Home Care Plus, Inc., Mark Drug Medical Supply, 1800wheelchair or Koeber’s Medical Supplies Illinois, just to name a few companies. The list of medical equipment that you can rent from these providers ranges from walkers, breast pumps, wheelchairs, scooters, portable ramps and more.
As Florida is one of the most popular retirement destinations in the United States, it is natural that cities like Miami would offer top notch medical equipment rental services for the elderly in need. Even more so, many companies focus upon individuals traveling to South Florida for meeting their requirements (as Miami is highly sought after). For instance, Family Rentals offers reliable services for patients on vacation, like crutches, power chairs, scooters, wheelchairs, canes, shower chairs or transfer benches. Medical Equipment Solutions and Aldo Surgical & Hospital Supply Inc. are another few companies you can work with, since their prices are reportedly decent (although for an actual list, you need to contact them yourself, since the rates change depending on location).
Other Major Locations and Their Medical Equipment Rental Companies
- Kansas City – Kansas City Home Medical Supply, American Care & Equipment, Great Plains Medical
- Indianapolis – At Home Health Equipment, Home Health Depot, Eagle Highland Pharmacy
- Seattle – Access Medical Equipment, Dependable Medical Equipment, Aurora Rents
- Houston – E Care Medical Supplies, Excellent Medical Services, TX Medical Supply
- San Diego – Harmony Home Medical, Eric’s Medical Supply, All Home Med Supply
- Denver – Mountain View, All Medical Inc., Colorado Medical Supplies
- Las Vegas – Emerald Medical Supplies, Better Life Mobility Center, Everything Medical
- Orlando – Orlando Medical Rentals, Florida Mobility Products, Care Medical Equipment
Useful Medical Equipment Rental Tips
First of all, don’t be cheap on the insurance options for the medical equipment you rent. Even if you feel as if it’s slowly adding up to more than it deserves, don’t open yourself to the risk of paying a small fortune for damages, in case anything should malfunction.
Second of all, if you feel at some point that you’re using something regularly for a while now, maybe consider buying the item for good instead of continuing to rent it. Most medical equipment rental companies also have this option, and if they don’t have it out in the open, there’s no harm to ask them about this possibility once you become a regular client of theirs.
Conclusion: renting medical equipment can make your life easier if you or someone you love are a patient dealing with any form of discomfort which warrants the use of such equipment. The same goes for small patient or elderly care centers who don’t need to actually invest a small fortune into permanently having a particular kind of medical equipment, rental thus being a wiser and more pragmatic option.