Ever wondered about Mini Cooper rental offers? Well, now there’s a guide to that – this one. Not many people want to rent Mini Coopers, it’s a pretty well-known fact. Those that are searching for Mini Coopers for rent would be, let’s say, Mini fans. Leaving all funny stuff aside – we’re here to present you with a comprehensive review of why to rent a Mini Cooper, and what the downsides are. Lastly, we’re also going to talk a bit about the companies that offer Mini Cooper rentals in the US.
Mini Cooper car rental is the obscure trade of some car rental companies. For a larger review of such companies, you can check out our article linked above. But now – the time has come to shift our usual focus. From large diggers, drills, cars, or parties – we’re going into the realm of the Mini. The Mini Cooper that is. And first up, we have a list of the PROs and CONs of choosing Mini Cooper rentals.
PROs and CONs of Mini Cooper Rental
Getting good Mini Cooper rental deals seems like a dream. The best part is that this dream is easily achievable. However, there are a few traps. Don’t worry, we’re here to tell you about them. The following list looks at the good and bad parts of Mini Cooper rentals in detail.
- PRO: The Mini Cooper isn’t only a cool car, it’s a car with personality, style, and finesse. While some car drivers couldn’t care less about this and prefer a car with brawn instead of style, Mini fans are connoisseurs and will feel right at home in their Mini Cooper rental.
- CON: The biggest car rental companies in the US don’t offer Mini Cooper rentals. And you can’t really blame them – doing big business means using big target audiences. However, Mini Cooper car rental enthusiasts are left to deal with the small businesses. The problem with small companies is that you can never know how much to trust them.
- PRO: The companies that do offer Mini Cooper rental services are really dedicated to their service of Minis. Why? Most likely because they themselves are big fans of the pretty little mini vehicles. So the cars can be in premium condition.
- CON: The Mini Cooper is not your typical sports car. If the renter would prefer something that can “melt his face off” (or her face), then the person would much better off renting something along the lines of a Ford Mustang, or a mean convertible (our guide here).
- PRO: The Mini Cooper is still a sports car. Unlike limousine rentals, the Mini Cooper isn’t just a jewel that you drive around in searching for attention. Well, actually, you are cruising for attention, but that attention may be seen in the raised eyebrows of people amazed a Mini can have such oomph.
- CON: The label. Like with all things that have a dedicated fan base, people that don’t understand the Mini Cooper driver will mock the Mini Cooper driver. So if you don’t want to appear particularly British (although it’s a German make) you might as well rent something else.
Mini Cooper Rental Service Providers
Now that the reasons behind renting a Mini Cooper are out of the way, it’s time to talk about a few of the companies that offer Mini Cooper rental services. Unlike previous reviews of car rental companies, the Mini Cooper rental business is usually taken up by small, local companies. However, we thought it’d be interesting to include a Mini Cooper rental company from Hawaii.
Name: Little Hawaii Rent a Car
Area Served: Hawaii
Airport Rental: Honolulu Airport
Customer Service: (808) 347-2886
There’s nothing better than going on vacation to the islands and grabbing a Mini Cooper rental right from the airport. Not to dismiss the people that actually live in Hawaii though! Little Hawaii has three separate locations to make renting a car all the more convenient. Besides the airport one, Little Hawaii also have a downtown location, and even a Waikiki location.
Name: City Rent a Car
Area Served: San Francisco
Airport Rental: Yes
Customer Service: telephone, mail, fax, email (here)
If you’re going to San Francisco, you’re – probably – going to meet some nice people there. Particularly the nice people at City Rent a Car. Founded back in 1996 by the brothers Joseph and Paul Blandino together with their friend, Tamim Ghilzai, the company began by offering cheap car rentals to the residents of the Bay Area. Today – their business is just as good. With the added bonus of Mini Cooper Rentals, of course.
Name: Prestige Luxury Rentals
Area Served: Miami, Orlando, Atlanta, & New Jersey
Airport Rental: Yes
Customer Service: HQ addresses and phone numbers, email form (here)
Prestige Luxury Rentals represent the biggest company in the US offering Mini Cooper Rental services. In order to make use of their services, you will have to be in either of the four cities listed above, or in the cities listed on their website (they have many smaller dealerships within other cities). However, we cannot guarantee that they have Mini Cooper rental cars in their more remote locations.
Image source: here
Leave a Reply