If you’re looking to rent tools and appliances for your home, for your big project, or for your garden, then look no further than Runyon Rental. The rental services Runyon offers are indeed top notch and their prices are actually affordable – not like other equipment rental places.
Seeing that Runyon rental services have really taken off as of late, we’ve seen ourselves obligated to provide you with all the information you may possibly need about their company, their tools, and their rental policy. So, let’s start by talking just a little bit about the company itself, and how it came to be.
Runyon Rental Information
Runyon Rental is a small but promising company based in Carmel, Indiana. While at the present moment they may not be too extended, the company does offer some of the best equipment rental and tool rental available. But wait, let’s back up a little!
There’s a long and interesting history that has to do with the people that started the Runyon Rental business. Back in 1955, Jack and Mildred Runyon opened a small business called Jack’s Tool Rental. They were no fancy big corporation back then, so their first location was in their humble backyard garage.
In just 9 years, in 1964, the company was already a big hit in the area. That same year, Gary Runyon, the son of Jack and Mildred, entered the company. Because of his keen eye for running the company, Gary quickly got better at the job, eventually taking over by 1978. This turned out to be a very important move for the company which managed to stay in business for the next 21 years, all the while continuously expanding at an exponential rate.
Sadly, in 1999, Gary Runyon had to sell the company to a bigger national corporation. However, Gary did not give up on the idea of reopening the store. And so he did, five years later, together with his son whom he had named Jack, just like his father before him.
Their new company – Runyon Equipment Rental, Inc. – and its location in Carmel, Indiana, was comprised of a shiny and professionally made store which provided the exact quality of customer service that the original company came to be known for back when it all started. Jack and Mildred Runyon had based their business on helping their customers in choosing exactly what they needed to rent for the job. This meant going beyond corporate interests and putting the customer first.
In their new location, Runyon Equipment Rental has a space of about 125 thousand square feet, out of which over 85 thousand are made up solely of tools and equipment available for rent. Fast-forward to 2017, and the company is once more one of the leading equipment rental services in the area, with the hopes of expanding its business on a national level.
With their neat and nice slogan – ‘Don’t be a tool – rent one!’ – the company may already have a foolproof recipe for success. However, things are not that simple. Let’s look at what specific types of equipment rental services the company has to offer:
First of all, we should point out that Runyon has its services split into two:
- The first part is the main rental store
- The second half has to do with floor and surface equipment rental.
The Runyon Tool Rental main store page is divided into four sub-sections. These are “departments”, “generators”, “lube-a-boom”, and “Honda store.” Needless to say, not all of these are specifically intended for equipment rental.
- The departments section is split up into all the possible categories of equipment Runyon rentals have to offer. These are a whole 29 sub-categories. I will not list all of these here, but it would be enough to say that you can find just about anything your heart desires on there. Of course, provided your heart wants to rent tools and equipment. These range from lawn–mowers to golf-carts, from ladders to nailers, and from staplers to traffic control equipment. Runyon Equipment Rental really does have it all.
- The generators section is, no offense to it, far less complicated and complex. On it you will find just two sub-categories: towable generators and portable generators. This section of the website lets you know, however, that there are multiple generators available for sale on their Honda store.
If you haven’t guessed by now, the Honda Store and the Lube-a-boom section are not for rental equipment, but actual stores. Still, it’s well worth checking out at least the Honda store, if you already have lube-a-boom.
Recommended Read: 7 Construction Equipment Rental Indiana Services
How to Use Runyon Rental Services – Renting Conditions
First of all, you must remember that the official Runyon Equipment Rental site is does not support online purchases. However, they do showcase all of their available equipment and if you want to rent something there are a few easy steps and tools that will help you. Here’s what you need to do:
- Go to the website. You will find a link to the Runyon Rental website down below.
- Select the search bar. On the top-right corner of your screen, you should see a search bar. Click it and the type what you want to find.
- Select the product. After you’ve entered your query, you should get a few results depending on what you have searched for. Select the product that best fits your needs, then click it.
- Request a quote. On the product page to the right, there should be a form that you can complete in order to get a price estimate for the product you wish to rent.
- Or call their phone number. Right above the quote form, there should be a telephone number that you can dial in order to get more information directly from the renters.
Average Runyon Prices & Offers
Runyon does not offer specific prices for items like other companies do. Instead, they give you quotes, upon request, of the items you would like to rent. This greatly depends on how much time you want to rent the items for, and what kind of jobs you intend to do with them.
Like all rental businesses, Runyon Rentals can select their customers themselves and have the permission to refuse those who do not meet their standards.
Runyon Rental FAQ
Does Runyon Equipment Rental, Inc. offer pick-up and delivery for their rental items?
Yes, Runyon Rental does give pick-up as well as delivery for their items.
How far are Runyon Equipment Rental employees willing to go?
Runyon Rental will ship your product within a five-state radius of their native Indiana. If you would like to know the price of the delivery, you should apply for a quote, or call their telephone number.
Runyon Rental Reviews
Runyon Equipment Rental reviews are usually extremely positive. Marcus Dennis, for example, says that he wanted to rent a paint sprayer and that after having had a few unpleasant experiences from several rental shops, he decided to call Runyon.
The employees not only helped him find the right tool that he wanted to rent, but also were extremely polite. This ultimately made him rent the desired tool.
Other customers, however, have scolded the company for the fact that their employees did not adequately treat them. Hope C. says that upon requesting to keep the equipment a few days more, the employee at the store said simply that it’s fine, without explaining that she would have to pay not double, but triple the original amount of money that she had already paid.
However, a representative of the company reached out to Hope and apologized by saying that the employee was new to customer service.
Runyon Equipment Rental Services – Rating
Reliability: 4/5 stars
Safety: 5/5 stars
Supplies: 4/5 stars
Pricing: 3/5 stars
Customer Service: 4/5 stars
Runyon Rental Contact Details
The store’s hours are Monday to Friday from 7 AM to 5:30 PM, Saturdays from 7 AM to 4:30 PM, and Sundays from 9 AM to 3 PM. The store hours are also available on the company’s website – link below. Be sure to check that out, in case these hours are subject to change.
- Official Website
- Runyon Surface Prep Website
- Runyon Contact form: here
- Phone Number: 317 566 8888
- Physical Address: 410 West Carmel Drive, Carmel, IN 46032
- Social Media: Facebook
Runyon Rental offers an array of tools and equipment for rent, but sadly they do not display pricing offers on the official website. Request a quote before, so you can see the offers for the specific service you require. Have you ever tried the Runyon Equipment Rental services? Please leave your opinion below!