Mini Van rental is something aimed at a specific type of driver. Some may enjoy a rowdy sports car while others may prefer a convertible or a limousine. But not everyone can bask in the comfort of a luxury car. The traditional mini van offers a really nice alternative for those who prefer comfort, safety, and a roomy vehicle.
Of all the options listed above, mini vans are the most practical choice. It’s not just about comfort – it’s about the overall feel. They are suitable for big families and a lot of mini van models out there offer up to eight seats as well as a lot of storage room. If you are planning on going on a road trip, this is the best possible solution to all your problems, as the space you have for bags is incredibly huge. What is more, you can recline the back seats and the whole car can fit in approximately two fridges.
PROs & CONs of Mini Van Rental Services
Mini van rentals have a lot of hidden traps for renters, especially if they choose cheap mini van rentals. Rental mini vans are often faulty if they come from a company that doesn’t value its vehicles. However, the advantages of mini van rental can far outweigh the potential dangers. If you decide on mini van rental, there are a few things you will want to look out for.
- PRO: Renting is cheaper than buying and that is especially true when it comes to mini van rental. Mini vans are really expensive to buy, but not that expensive to rent. Why? It probably has to do with the low maintenance costs on minivans as compared to other cars in that price-range.
- CON: Mini vans are heavy-duty automobiles. The only tougher vehicles are probably SUVs. However, many rental companies assume this to be true, and don’t offer proper maintenance for their vehicles. Be careful in inspecting all mini vans before rental.
- PRO: The car is spacious, and it can easily fit in a big family. If your family isn’t that big, you can bring your extended family along for the ride. A mini-van is just the thing for you. And it can make you look very dedicated to traditional family values at work.
- CON: Mini vans are generally associated with family oriented people that have an unsatisfying job. Like all stereotypes, this is simply untrue. The cars are practical, they’re comfy, and they have more than a generous amount of space to fit everyone. However, some people don’t particularly like to be labled in such a way and may want to choose other types of vehicles instead.
- PRO: It’s right there at the airport. You already know from our larger article on car rental companies that most services offer to rent you a car as soon as you land at an airport. A vacation with the family has never been easier!
- CON: It’s not your personal car. At the end of the day, you’re going to have to give it back, no matter how much you liked that particular vehicle. Your kids may not be too happy when you have to explain that it’s not actually a “new car”.
Mini Van Rental Service Providers
The following three companies are some of the top companies for mini van rental. Their services are exemplary, and their reviews are simply overwhelmingly positive. As a plus, all of them have a nice collection of minivans at your disposal. Whether it’s from an airport that you’re renting, or from a local shop, you’ll want to check these three out:
Name: ACE Rent a Car
Area Served: Worldwide
Airport Rental: many major airports (US, Canada)
Customer Service: here
ACE Rent a car is one of the cheap mini van rentals companies out there. They have 250 locations spread out throughout the US, Canada, Mexico, Central America, South America, and even some parts of Europe, Asia, and Australia. Back in 2011, using a customer survey, ACE was rated as the best car rental company when it came to customer satisfaction.
Name: Thrifty Car Rentals
Area Served: Worldwide
Airport Rental: all major airports (US, worldwide)
Customer service: rental agreement, contact form, other issues (here)
Thrifty car rentals is part of the Dollar Thrifty Automotive group that was formed by Chrysler in 1990. However, it was separated from the car manufacturing company seven years later, and was acquired by Hertz in 2012. With heavy reliance on vehicles from Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, and Japanese makes such as Mazda, Nissan, and Toyota, you know that the company has some interesting options when it comes to mini van rentals.
Budget Rent a Car is one of the bigger companies we’ve dealt with. Starting out in the year 1958 with just 10 cars for rent, the company now has a worldwide presence, having almost 3,000 locations, with over 21,000 employees. The winning move? Their rates. The name surely helps (containing “budget”), as people automatically assume it’s the cheapest mini van rental. And they wouldn’t be too far from the truth.
Image source: here