So – when are you going to have the party? If you happen to know the exact date – than you’ll know that no matter how far away it is, it’s coming, and doing so fast. And as it happens – you may be left wondering: what am I ever going to do with all these supplies that I need for my party to be a complete success? Well – the solution to all of your problems should be quite obvious: party supply rentals.
But why would you rent your party supplies when you can buy them?
Well – the answer to that question should come as obvious. However, there are issues involved having to do with more than just the overall price. First and foremost, what type of party are you going for? Will it be a small back-yard barbecue, or a big 6,000 guest wedding? Well – maybe not quite that big, but you get the point of what I’m trying to say.
It all comes down to how much money you have, how much you’re willing to spend, and how many people will be present at your celebration. Also – you should probably add a savings account for your party supplies as a margin for error – you never know how drunk some people will get. It’s better to be safe than sorry – to use the old cliché – so don’t be too generous when you’re renting your party supplies. You need to have money left to account for that glass that spontaneously went missing. Or for those linens that somehow ended up in another dimension.
Anyhow, we made a small list of the pros and the cons involved in party supply rentals. Here goes:
PROs & CONs of Party Supply Rentals
- PRO: It’s cheaper. The first and most obvious reason as to why someone, somewhere may resort to party supply rentals is money. Like it or not, it governs the world we live in and in the end – party supply rentals do be cheaper.
- CON: It’s not that cheap. It still costs a great deal if you want to rent party equipment. Furthermore, the price could easily skyrocket if any of the items that you rent get irremediably broken.
- PRO: Customization. You get to choose exactly what you want, how you want it. And that’s because most party supply rentals companies offer a great deal of options for prices that are around the same average.
- CON: You still have to fit a certain pattern. Remember that wild idea of a wedding you once had? Unrealistic. Unless you want, of course, to spend much more money that it’s worth really. But go ahead, follow your dreams!
- PRO: You have to take care of one less thing. If you like arranging parties, this should be of great use. You just rent the equipment and then let the people who deliver it also put it in place. Most party supply rentals companies do this as well.
- CON: You have to pay extras. Fees, fees, fees, and even more fees. There are even companies that charge you 50 cents to open a foldable wooden chair for you. So if you want the company to take care of arranging everything and then picking up everything – it will cost you extra.
- PRO: You don’t have too much stuff after the party. I know that party equipment is nice to have around the house for that impromptu celebration. However, I also know that party equipment is big. Therefore – hard to store. In case you have an airplane hangar lying around, we’d advise against buying party supplies.
- CON: You probably will want to keep some of the party supplies. Once you rent them, it’s goodbye to them. Unless you want to pay the unrealistically raised prices to acquire the party supply rentals. Even then, there are lots of service providers who won’t accept your offer, no matter how well you’re willing to bargain.
Other Things to Consider Before Making Party Supply Rentals
One very important matter you should know beforehand is the type of party you’re going to throw. Most of the people renting party supplies (according to the actual companies who give the stuff) often have no idea what’s in store if they rent boring, artsy decors for a children’s party. And as a consequence they often end up blaming the rental company for their own poor judgement.
So don’t be like that: if your kid is the star of the show, be sure to get some lively decorations. If it’s a wedding – you’re going to go for sophistication. If there are going to be a lot of kids at the wedding, you might want to set up either a children’s corner, a children’s table (or more), or both. Letting the kids play amongst themselves and the adults likewise is one of the key elements to a successful party.
Furthermore, some parties may be of the more serious kind. If your aim is a meeting – don’t rent party decorations, leave out the confetti and party hats, and aim for a more general, serious look. If you’re throwing this year’s theme party – be it Halloween, Christmas, New Year, get appropriate stuff for it.
All of these ideas and more need to be carefully analyzed before going head first into a party supply rentals store and asking for everything you like and then looking at the price in a combined feeling of awe and shame.
Everyone likes a party every now and then. And being the organizer is though. If you’re in that situation right now, then you know exactly what I’m talking about. So it’s obvious why you would want to resort to party rental supplies for your event: getting an extra burden off your shoulders. Just go to the rental store with all the details and the budget in mind, order the things you want, and then you can sit back, relax, and wait for the guests to arrive.
And that’s true no matter where you live. From Los Angeles to Miami, and from Vegas to Michigan or Indianapolis. It’s even mostly the same if you’re from the other side of the border, and say you live in Toronto. The point is: party supply rentals are the way to go if you want cheap, fast service and a great party.