Unless you want to throw your party in a club, you will probably need to make use of some tables and chairs. And unless you’re a master carpenter, you’ll have two options to get the two fundamental things. The first option is, obviously, to buy them. The second, of course, is represented by table and chair rentals. And if you’re a smart man (or woman) you’re going to choose the second option.
We’re going to talk about a few examples of table and chair rental services. So let us begin with the most basic of facts: a small list of the pros and cons of table and chair rentals.
PROs & CONs of Table and Chair Rentals
Have you ever seen a person trying to eat from a plate while standing up? I know – uncomfortable. Have you ever seen a person trying to eat without a table? Equally uncomfortable and possibly messy. It may be that there isn’t a more obvious party need than tables and chairs. And, of course, you are considering whether you should rent them or buy them. Here are the advantages and disadvantages:
- PRO: you can get premium chairs for a small amount of money. This is if you’re getting the chairs for a spectacular wedding, or for a fancy business meeting. It’s not nice at all to leave the guests sitting on plain, foldable wooden chairs.
- CON: seeing as fancy chairs are expensive to buy, if any single one gets damaged, your budget might suffer some irreparable damage. So be careful how your guests use these chairs.
- PRO: tables are subject to strain, if you use your own tables, they may be ruined forever. Renting tables is a good option. Just watch out for the price!
- CON: rented tables may already be way past their mint condition. Consider how many parties have already rented these tables. Consider the normal wear-and-tear of a single use.
- PRO: You can get both table rentals and chair rentals in the same place. Most companies offering table rentals also offer chair rentals. These two usually come together. And some rental services will even give you a discount if you rent enough tables and chairs.
- CON: You sometimes need to rent both the chairs and the tables at the same time. You have a few tables lying around and would only like to rent chairs? Well, that doesn’t work in most cases.
- PRO: After all – those tables need something to cover themselves. You can’t just go around organizing parties with naked tables. Most companies that give you tables also have tablecloths to go with those tables.
- CON: Limited selection of linens. Usually expensive. Some rental services will also charge you extra if the linens have been badly stained.
Best Table and Chair Rentals #1
Name: White Knight Party Rentals
Table and Chair Rentals Prices:$1 – $16 (chairs), $8 – $14 (tables)
Area served: Arizona (based in Phoenix)
Brooke Rental Center customer service: (602) 277-2789
Name: Brooke Rental Center
Table and Chair Rentals Prices: $1.30 – $6.85 (chairs), $8.50 – $10.95 (tables)
Area served: North Virginia, Maryland, and Washington DC
Brooke Rental Center customer service: (703) 243-2122
Things to Consider before Making Table and Chair Rentals
Like it or not, making table and chair rentals isn’t as easy as making chair and table rentals. As in, it’s not as easy as it sounds. There are, as you have it, a few things that you need to consider before going in for the rent. It’s like a carefully timed exercise. You need to sit down with your party-planning-partners. If the party is not a party but a wedding, take extra time to decide on every little detail. Here are the things you need to dot down:
- The budget: every bottle needs its cap and so it is with events as well. Every party needs its budget. And not just any budget. Plan on spending hours and hours deciding the exact budget – particularly if it’s for a wedding. Tables and chairs should be among the first items on the list.
- The tables: first off- decide if you need tables. If the event you’re planning is a conference or meeting, you may only need one or two tables (or even none at all). If it’s a wedding, tables should be everywhere. Lastly, decide what types of tables you want to rent.
- The chairs. Chiavari chairs are nice, but do you really need them? I’d reckon that one can do without them if it’s not a wedding. Chiavaris usually are expensive and also easily breakable – so be extra gentle in handling them.
- Stretch-budget: money that you may not need but it’s still good to have at the ready. You know – for when the Chiavari breaks, the tables fall to the ground, and the linens are ripped. If you’re the groom, you won’t look good asking your father in law for a loan to cover the damages.
- Linens: lastly, you should also decide if the lines you want should be rented or if you’re going to buy them from the nearest department store. Many opt for some linens to be bought, while the majority of them to be rented – so that they have at least one linen remaining from the wedding/party.
Best Table and Chair Rentals #2
Name: Bellingham Wedding & Event Rentals
Table and Chair Rentals Prices: Prices: $2.90 (chairs), $9.50 – $12.50 (tables)
Area served: Washington (Bellingham)
Party Source & Rentals customer service: (360) 393-3654
Name: Party Source & Rentals
Table and Chair Rentals Prices: unspecified
Area served: Tennessee (Cookeville)
Party Source & Rentals customer service: (931) 261-3084
We hope that now you have a more complete view of table and chair rental services. Although the companies we’ve exhibited may not be the best there are in the business, they are, by far, the best we could find with an online presence and a customer contact number that you can use. So we listed these findings.
Feel free to make suggestions of services that you think have served you better than these and we’re sure to add them in our articles.