So when will your wedding be? Do you know your budget? Are you going to use wedding arch rental services? All equally important questions. Of these, we’ve strived to give a more complete answer to the latter:
What would a wedding be without a wedding arch? It’s a long-standing tradition that the newly-wed couple must take a picture under a beautifully decorated flowery arch.
But what about this arch? How can one make sure that the flowers are neatly arranged? That they’re the ones that the bride and groom want. Or maybe they don’t want flowers, but other items – such as garlands, decorative lights, or even books. Depending on the option they choose, the prices may vary a lot if you want to buy the arch.
So, from the very beginning, we see a few options available for anyone needing an arch for their wedding. You can, depending on your budget, crafting skills, and imagination, choose one of the following:
- Buy a complete wedding arch. For this you will need to purchase the actual arch and then have someone (or maybe even the vendor who sold it to you) make a beautiful decorative arrangement.
- Buy just the arch. For this one, you will need someone with imagination to help you out. If you’re that type of person it’s even better. Make your arrangement how you see fit.
- Complete wedding arch rental. It’s the same as the first option, just that you don’t have to pay for the whole thing.
- Wedding arch rental without decorations. Basically the same as the second option except that it’s a rental. Oh, and this one is by far the cheapest option.
- DYI wedding arch. I know that at first thought, building your own wedding arch may appear whole lot cheaper. But add all the items you need and it may end up costing more. And you still need to have the engineering skills to build one.
Of course, there’s still the option of no arch – but where’s the fun with that one? After all – it’s one of the nicest additions to a wedding. Not like those wedding chairs, or wedding tables, right? So – we’ll begin with a basic list of the PROs and CONs of Wedding Arch Rentals.
The PROs & CONs of Wedding Arch Rentals
There are many reasons as to why you should go for wedding arch rentals. Just as there are a lot of good, strong arguments to the contrary. For the express purpose of sparing you the trouble of thinking about this, we’ve set up the following small list:
- PRO: Renting a wedding arch is far cheaper that buying one. This should stand as obvious, but I thought that it would be best to just leave it out there. Also, if you choose to decorate it yourself – it’s even cheaper.
- CON: You have a fixed object to work with. Most wedding arch rental companies only offer a few basic arch frames. So your imagination will have to fit that pattern.
- PRO: You don’t have to make the wedding arch yourself. Renting a wedding arch may seem like the more logical option if you don’t want to go through that burden.
- CON: You may end up with something totally different than what you had in mind. Rental companies often mix-up colors, run out of certain flowers, or make substitutions without checking.
- PRO: The wedding arch rental companies usually offer to even mount your arch for you – for a small fee that is. If you don’t want to pay it, you can of course do it yourself.
- CON: You must be very careful with the arch itself as most companies have extremely high fees if you damage their products in any way.
- PRO: You don’t have to clean it or unmount it. As well as (usually) delivering the arch to your door, wedding rental services can also disassemble the arch and offer to pick it up right after the party.
- CON: You can’t keep the arch. Maybe some couples would prefer it became a nice touch to their garden – it certainly seems like a good idea.
Best Wedding Arch Rental Companies #1
Example item: Classic Arch
Wedding arch rental prices: $40 (per day)
Area serviced: nationwide (600 stores)
Hobby Lobby customer service: (800) 888-0321
Example item: Wedding Arch White Metal
Wedding arch rental prices: $50 (2 days)
Area serviced: Florida (Naples)
Taylor Rental customer service: (239) 643-1334
Things to Consider before Making a Wedding Arch Rental
You’ve seen the pros and cons of wedding arch rentals, you’ve also seen a few prices. But are there any other things to consider before grabbing a rental arch for your wedding? Well, we’ve thought of a few:
- Make sure the bride and groom want an arch. This cannot be stressed enough. If you are a wedding organizer, ask for every single specific detail of the arch. Make sure your clients or friends are going to like it. If you’re organizing the wedding yourself, make sure your future life-partner agrees with all your choices.
- Decide on a price. In the event of a wedding (pardon the pun), every single item on the list must be priced before buying. Make an estimate of how much you want to spend and only then look at what the offer is.
- Set up the exact details with the rental service. If you decide on renting, make sure the people renting you the arch understand exactly what you want.
- Decide who will decorate the arch. Will it be you, your future husband/wife, or that friend of yours with a major in liberal arts? If neither of these is an option, let the company do the arrangements – there are many options to choose from.
Best Wedding Arch Rental Companies #2
Example item: Rustic Arch
Wedding arch rental prices: $70
Area serviced: California (Orange County)
OC Gazebos Customer Service: (714) 658-9233
Example item: Cape Winds Arbor
Wedding arch rental prices: unknown
Area serviced: Philadelphia (Montgomeryville)
A to Z Party Rental Customer Service: (215) 646-6777
We’ve covered the very basics of wedding arches rentals. We hope that this article has helped you decide which of these options to pursue – whether to buy, rent, or build your own wedding arch. Just keep in mind one thing: no wedding is complete without an arch for the bride and groom to have over their heads. Remember that it may well make up more than a third of your wedding photo – so choose wisely!