The wedding dress. A long-standing tradition in the world. So old, that I wouldn’t be surprised to hear that cavewomen wore long gowns made of animal skin, and cavemen wearing tuxedos and ties made of saber cat fur. But whatever these primordial humans had, they ain’t got nothing on 21st century ingenuity! I mean, who wants to buy a 20 gazillion dollar dress, where they aren’t going to wear it again. Ever (in most cases). Why not go then, for a wedding dress rental?
It’s the age of live-and-let-go. We’re here. In the now. Up the curve. And ahead of the game. We lead the way, women! Where? To the altar, of course. Quickly running up the stairs, entering the hall, you hear the music of the church organ diligently playing in the background. Following the trail of rose petals you see kind, loving smiles all around. They’re friends, family. People you like. People you love. Everything is perfect. But what about the dress?
When it comes to the gown, you’ve got two options: either go for a super expensive dress that will cost you more than your whole wedding. OR. Go for a more modest, basic dress that won’t cost as much. The issue: while with the first option you will look stunning, the second one will quite possibly be far uglier. And probably one of the biggest events of your life. So what’s the solution? Let’s weigh in the pros and cons:
PROs & CONs of Wedding Dress Rental
- PRO: you can get the wedding gown of your dreams. Remember that dream that you had when you were little that you would turn out to be a princess? Well, this is the closest thing.
- CON: don’t. touch. my. dress. When you rent a dress, you may end up being paranoid about someone accidentally destroying it and then you having to pay the full price. Scary.
- PRO: renting is cheap and you can keep it quite a while. Most wedding dresses rental companies offer their dresses for between 5 and 7 days. So that means you can still put it on a coat hanger in your room and leave it there for a few days.
- CON: high price for late returns. Don’t forget to give it back. If you, you will be overcharged a fee of 110% (usually) from each day’s rental price.
- PRO: alterations are go. You can make small changes to your rented dresses. But only very small ones and that can be reversed – so no needles allowed, girls.
- CON: if something looks odd, you can’t do much about it. You are not allowed to alter the dress in major ways – no scissoring like you would for your normal wedding dress.
- PRO: major class. With a dress like that, high fashion will have nothing on you. Like, for real.
- CON: you will lose a memorable dress. Some say that the wedding gown is a living testimony of the happy days. Some say this doesn’t count, and that true memories don’t need material possessions to stay alive. It’s up to you to decide which you believe.
Things to Consider Before Making a Wedding Dress Rental
We know, of course, that modesty is a virtue. However, picking an expensive dress doesn’t mean that you aren’t modest. As long as you pick with good taste, the dress you wear could look both stunning and simple at the same time. It’s all a matter of style, in the end.
And of money, of course. Be sure that you are decided upon a budget before you go for the purchase. The dress for him and the dress for her should be the last things on the list. That’s because you need to know exactly how much you’re willing to spend. Then, sit down with you future-spouse and look for dresses. Remember – you have to look fabulous.
Best Wedding Dress Rental Companies
Here are the best wedding dress rentals services we could find on the internet. They’re ranked based on customer reviews, prices, as well as areas of availability.
Get the Gown
Area of service: Miami, Florida; Houston, Texas
Price range: $775 – $1,650
GetTheGown have some extremely beautiful wedding dresses. The star of their show is an amazing wavered white dress from Oscar de la Renta. At the same time, you can even buy it for $13,000. Designer wedding dress rental is far cheaper, however, than actually buying the piece.
If you’re searching for wedding dress rental Miami and wedding dress rental Houston, here is the place to go:
Area of service: nationwide
Price range: $385 – $2,700
With such a large price range, you’re bound to find exactly what you want. And Browsing Magnolia offer their dresses to everyone, no matter where they live. Just use their website for more info – it’s the best if you want your wedding dress rental online.
One Night Affair
Area of Service: California
Price Range: starting at $299
One night affair have a more conservative approach to wedding dress rentals. If you would like to get a dress from them, you have to visit or give a call. However, they also offer veils, accessories, and a lot of other services.
Useful Wedding Dress Rental Tips
I know we’ve probably said just about everything these is to say about rental dresses for weddings. Still, let’s say a bit more: rental wedding dresses are mostly rentable only three times per year, and five times total. So the dress you are wearing could’ve only been worn by a maximum of 4 brides. That should be okay, considering that the companies spend a lot of time cleaning them afterwards. But, in the end, it’s all up to you and how comfortable you are wearing a rented wedding dress.
We hope that we’ve been of use with this wedding dress rental guide. Whichever option you choose, I’m pretty sure that you’ll no doubt look amazing. You can go for designer wedding dress rentals, or you can go for slightly cheaper versions – the companies we’ve shown here are completely devoted to making your wedding a memorable one. All you have to do is pick a dress.